tongue

tongue

Monday, August 20, 2012

pillow

Well I am totally addicted to tractor pulling.  In fact I have not even thought about sewing much for the last month or so.  I did get the plastic all picked off my sample that I showed you all last time.  I also peeled it off the other piece that I was working on, and got the quilting done for that.  I thought I would show you a picture, but I can not seem to find it.  So lets move along.
I get together with a group of 5 guild members every other week.  We saw this beautiful pillow and 4 of us decided to make it.  When I read the pattern it said it was made using trapunto.   I have never done that before, but after I read that you do the applique and the trapunto at the same time, I thought why not.  I watched some videos and set off with my free motion quilting foot.  Essentially you fuse the pieces on.  Then you add a layer of batting to the back and pin it well.  Use a very small stitch and free motion around the edges of the pieces, all of them making sure to cover the edge.  Then I added the french knots.  I am in the process of now cutting off the batting from everywhere but behind the pieces.  When I get that done I will machine quilt it and the extra batt will be raised.  The other girls were going to just applique it, but I have them talked into trying it now!!  Such an instigator I am (or an enabler as Andrea would say)!!
So here it is!!


Oh yeah, did I mention I am addicted to tractor pulling??

Until the next stitch!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the pillow! I have a trapunto pillow top my grandmother worked on that I still haven't sewn into a pillow top. Gonna frame it instead.

    Husband likes the tractor. ;)

    ReplyDelete